SQL 2005 long running job threshold exceeded | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL 2005 long running job threshold exceeded

We are seeing, on a Test server running SQL2005 SP 0, several MOM alerts with the following type of message:
"Description:
The SQL Server Agent Job "test del" has breached the long running job error threshold of 120 minutes. The job has been running for 37429 minutes." These are all for SQL Server Agent jobs – some of them SSIS packages, others (like the one above) an invocation of a simple .bat file. Others are for SQL stored for BizTalk 2006. We have quite a few of these. Looking in activity monitor, we cannot find anything like these (with one exception on a BizTalk process that is 22 days old, and appears to be suspended).
I suspect that this may be a state table or something that SQL is keeping, that has not been updated following an unpected termination of a job, or something like that.
Has anyone else heard of such problems? Googling and BOL’ing has been unhelpful so far. Panic, Chaos, Disorder … my work here is done –unknown
dup thread – sorry. Tried to delete but: No Permissions to Delete Topic Go Back to Re-Authenticate Close Window
Panic, Chaos, Disorder … my work here is done –unknown
quote:Originally posted by SQL_Guess dup thread – sorry. Tried to delete but: No Permissions to Delete Topic

I deleted it for you —————————————-
Contributing Editor, Writer & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
Thanks Dinesh. I should have said I wanted this one deleted. Hopefully people will still look at the thread, and not think it is answered… Panic, Chaos, Disorder … my work here is done –unknown
]]>