SQL 2005 Report error | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL 2005 Report error

Hello all, I am receiving the following error while retrieving through internet explorer
http://localhost/rrports I checked configuration and all Please help out
Thanks,
[email protected]
————————————
Server Error in ‘/Reports’ Application.
——————————————————————————– An error occurred while parsing the configuration file. The ReportServerVirtualDirectory element is missing.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Exception: An error occurred while parsing the configuration file. The ReportServerVirtualDirectory element is missing. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace:
[Exception: An error occurred while parsing the configuration file. The ReportServerVirtualDirectory element is missing.]
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfiguration.ThrowElementMissing(String element) +42
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.UIConfiguration.ParseXML(XmlNode node, RSConfiguration configObject) +1051
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfiguration.ParseDocument() +928
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfiguration.Load() +34 [ServerConfigurationErrorException: The report server has encountered a configuration error. See the report server log files for more information.]
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfiguration.Load() +169
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfiguration.Construct(String configFileName) +64
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfiguration..ctor(String configFileName, String location) +292
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfigurationManager..ctor(String configFileName, String configLocation) +135
Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.Global.get_ConfigurationManager() +85
Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.Global.get_Configuration() +4
Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.GlobalApp.Application_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Please post the thred in relevant forums only, moved from SQL 2005 DBA section. RS 2005 comes with a Configuration Tool that creates the virtual directories, connects to the repository, updates the config files etc. Look at "Report Server Virtual Directory" above the "Report Manager Virtual Directory".
Find it at Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -> Configuration Tools -> Reporting Services Configuration Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
Did you resolve this issue? Iam also getting the same error. I installed reporting services couple of times. But Iam gettimg the same error.
please provide me the solution

]]>