SQL 2005 Temp Parameters | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL 2005 Temp Parameters

I have written some functions and want to test them but as soon as I execute the function I get the following; ‘Msg 216, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Parameters were not supplied for the function ‘dbo.fnWTRCenPrtDivData’.’ I understand that I need to pass the parameters into the function in order to run it, but When I press Ctrl+Sht+M I get the Specify Value for Templete Parameters box come up with Parameter, Type and Value, but the values are blank and there is no option to add the temprary params that I wish to test with. Anybody shed some light on this? Toni Chaffin
aka Toni
OK, I have found that the CTRL+SFT+M quick key only works for setting default values when you are creating a new function based on the inbuilt template within SQL. The problem I now have is how do I pass in parameters into the following function so that I may test it;
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
ALTER FUNCTION [dbo].[fnWTRCenPrtDivData]
(@chr_div_mgr char(2), @vch_portfolio_no tinyint)
RETURNS @WeeklyTerrierRSPII TABLE
(pormgr varchar(50), divmgr varchar(50),siteref Varchar(3), div char(2), propcat nvarchar(4))
AS
BEGIN
INSERT @WeeklyTerrierRSPII
SELECT src_portfolio_mgr.portfolio_mgr AS pormgr, src_div_mgr.div_mgr AS divmgr,
src_centre_list.Site_Ref AS siteref, src_div_mgr.division AS div, src_centre_list.propcat
FROM src_centre_list INNER JOIN
src_div_mgr ON src_centre_list.Division = src_div_mgr.division INNER JOIN
src_portfolio_mgr ON src_centre_list.Portfolio_no = src_portfolio_mgr.portfolio_no
RETURN
END Thanks in advance of your help.
Toni Chaffin
aka Toni
]]>