SQL Agent Job – Problem trying to select user to "Run As" | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL Agent Job – Problem trying to select user to "Run As"

I have a job that runs a script. I want the script to "RUN AS" a login account that has been added to the instance. The problem is, in the window that lists all the available user names, that user that I want to run the job is not there. In fact, a lot of users are not in the list – even though I’ve verified that the logins are in the instance. How do I get the login I need to appear in the list so I can get this job step to RUNA AS" with that login/user? Thank in advance to all who reply!

That job was created after or before those users?
Hi Luis and thanks for replying! Agh – finally found out what to do! You just go to login account properties > User Mapping and map the account to the master database. The account will then shows up in the list of users. Thanks again!

]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |