SQL counter missing | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL counter missing

I have SQL server 2005 on windows 2003 server( enterprise edition) with 64 bit. there are two exact server. One of the server is missing all the SQL counter on the perfmon and the other had it. did some research and found out about the compatibility issue and using
mmc /32 perfmon.msc
I could see all the SQL counter. But the problem I had is once I get the counter run with my selected counter and later read it All the information it captures is the default perfmon counter from my local machine. I need to capture some perfmon counter
If anyone can help me
thanks

hi , After u removed and added your new counter, save it as new <name>.msc file and place it
<drive>:windowssystem32
Each time u need to monitor your values go to this location and launch the your perfmon file. Cheer
Sat
Try with unlodctr sqlctr.ini and lodctr sqlctr.ini and using SDK you can run Extensible Performance Counter List program – exctrlst.exe. Also test: Make sure your system has the latest drivers. We have specifically encountered several drivers on X64 that trigger this perfmon hard trim behavior. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
See alsohttp://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyr…-using-64-bit-windows-mmc-32-perfmon-msc.aspx
Satya,
Do you have a specific list of the X64 drivers that you have seen exhibit the hard trim behavior?
We’re running a half dozen HP DL585 x64 boxes accessing Equallogic iSCSI SAN space via HP NC340T PCI X and network access via HP NC371i integrated interface. A few of them – not all – are experiencing hard trims several times a day.
We’re running the 8.8.1.0 drivers on the 340T’s and 3.0.5.0 drivers on the 371’s.
We’re running SQL Server 2005 x64 Standard Edition SP2 on Windows Server 2003 x64 SP2 with 32GB memory.
The hard trims are trimming all 32GB of memory back to the OS.
Thanks in advance!

See Tony’sBlog in this case for such X64 environment, it workd for us.

]]>