SQL-DMO Error when scripting db | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL-DMO Error when scripting db

I am trying to script a (relatively simple) database using Enterprise Manager. I’m scripting all objects, with all options selected (but only CREATE, not DROP objects), but am getting the following error:- An error occured during scripting.
Error 21305: [SQL-DMO] Unexpected parameter value or other condition. Only thing I can think of is one of the users in this database (a windows login) has a full stop (".") in its name for some crazy reason, but I’ve excluded that and all objects it owns but still the same error. Anyone have any ideas? I’ve searched MSKB for this error to no avail. TIA!
Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
I agree with you, there is something like full stop.
Try scripting step by step to find if the problem is at table level or sp or triggers or any else.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
hmm, yeah. By elimination, I found it was one sp, sp_replsync. This db contains tables replicated from a 6.5 server, the publisher must’ve put it there. When I try to view its definition in EM it throws an error saying its entry in syscomments is missing or corrupted or missing. Hmmm… investigation required. thanks Luis. Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
Have you tried this on another database?
Find out is whether this a general problem you run into or if this is specific to the database your are trying to script. And I presume the service pack level is upto the mark. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
yep, i get it, the same problem with sp_replsync, on another SQL Server 2000 db which contains data replicated from 6.5. No matter, I don’t need to script this SP, I can just exclude it. Strange, but no need to waste time ivestigating any further. p.s. yep it’s sp3a + fixes Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
But SP_REPLSYNC is Removed; no longer supported or available.
And anyway it doesn’t seems to be a major issue to investigate, I never had this issue on my environment. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
"But SP_REPLSYNC is Removed; no longer supported or available." That may well be true for SQL Server 2000, but obviously not from the point of view of the 6.5 publisher/distributor, which must have created it on the subscribing db… Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
I would get MS Support involved in this one Tom. It’s only $250 per instance; and this is what they deal with all day long. They don’t officially support 6.5 anymore, but I believe they would support getting this solved. I’ve always been impressed with the help I get from them. MeanOldDBA
[email protected] When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
]]>