SQL Log printed – "Using 'odsole70.dll' xxx" | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL Log printed – "Using ‘odsole70.dll’ xxx"

SQL Log printed the following two messsages. I wonder what they are…. Thanks!
Using ‘odsole70.dll’ version ‘2000.80.194’ to execute extended stored procedure ‘sp_OACreate’. Using ‘sqlmap70.dll’ version ‘2000.80.194’ to execute extended stored procedure ‘xp_get_mapi_profiles’.
I believe these are only ‘Information Type’ Events telling you that the following DLL were used to execute the extended procedures. Jon M
What is the level of service pack on SQL? _________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

SQL 2000 SP3
Any performance issues during this time? _________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

Not that I am aware of…. but, I was testing the SQL mail around that few days. Is this has something to do with that?
Well, the second one is specifically sql mail related, and the first is for extented sps, (which most mail ones are) so its a good chance. We have sql mail running as default and the sql mapi one are is our ‘error’ logs at startup each time (along with the other startup ones like SMSRP70.DLL, SMSRP70.DLL etc). Chris
Well, the data in the logs doesn’t always signal disaster or performance problems. SQL Server (read the SQL Server development team) ‘log’ most of the activity going on behind the scenes….some of it useful for DBA diagnostics and I suppose some may even be for their own ‘debugging’. Unless there are issues (errors, performance slow-downs,system hang-ups etc.) you shouldn’t sweat over it. Nathan H.O.
SQL-Server-Performance.com
Thanks to all of you!!
]]>