SQL maintenance plan failed | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL maintenance plan failed

I am facing this problem and having pressure from my IT manager to solve this problem. I searched the answer from itnernet but cannnot get it. Hopefully here got experts can help me. I have created a daily backup maintenenace plan under enterprise manager for SQL Server, the result of log file is below:- Microsoft (R) SQLMaint Utility (Unicode), Version Logged on to SQL Server ‘VIDB’ as ‘sa’ (non-trusted)
Starting maintenance plan ‘Daily Backup 10:00’ on 4/13/2004 10:00:04 PM
[1] Database EZZUAPP: Database Backup…
Destination: [\.Tape0]
[Microsoft SQL-DMO] Error 22282: [SQL-DMO]The operation was cancelled by the user.
[2] Database aapplication: Database Backup…
[Microsoft SQL-DMO] Error 22282: [SQL-DMO]The operation was cancelled by the user.
[3] Database VIAPP: Database Backup…
[4] Database VISYS: Database Backup…
Deleting old text reports… 1 file(s) deleted. End of maintenance plan ‘Daily Backup 10:00’ on 4/13/2004 10:08:38 PM
SQLMAINT.EXE Process Exit Code: 1 (Failed) What is the problem? I found out there are most likely full space of backup tape since if i use new tape to backup, the backup is successed, but after few times backup, the problem came out again. Please guide me, thanks…..

Ensure the tape has required space to backup the database.
Take help of this KBAhttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288577 to troubleshoot the maintenance plan failures. As a test schedule a seperate MSDB job to backup the database to the tape and see the results. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>