SQL Server 2005 and SQL Error 3971 | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL Server 2005 and SQL Error 3971

I have a problem driving me mad for about half a year now. We have a number of web based applications. These are making tons of sql statements, all in a transaction that is absolutly disposed of afterwards. It is all programmed in C# using the "using" keyword. Whenever the application pool hosting the site does reset, SQL connections we open seen unresponsive. I get a list of errors that look like: The transaction active in this session has been committed or aborted by another session.) In C# terms it is a SqlException that reads: Server failed to resume the transaction, desc: 360000023c. and it contains Error Number: 3971 I seem to be unable to get this operation to run. After some time it seems that the connecitons get "closed" and turn usable again. I think that the application pool cycle leaves partially open connections in the pool, and when I close the pool, the connection gets closed. Sadly, there seems to be no proper documentation on this on the internet. Anyone has experienced something similar? I am trakcing this for like 6 months now.
hi i am also facing the same issue. could you please let me know if you found any solution to this Thanks,
Raj.

]]>