SQL Server 2005 SSIS Script Help – XML Secure Pull | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL Server 2005 SSIS Script Help – XML Secure Pull

All, Subject : SQL Server 2005 SSIS Script Help – XML Secure Pull in to DB table I was wondering if any of you could help me with something….. I want to design a SSIS script that will pull XML data from a secure HTTP
website direct in to a local database table. I have had no training on SQL Server 2005 SSIS. I have a reasonable
knowledge of SQL Server 2000 DTS but I believe this had no direct XML
integration. I have been told SSIS does have this functionality. I have tried
obvious ways of doing this using the controls available but cannot get it to
work. Do any of you have any example SSIS packages you could send me that does
this? OR if you don’t have this could you tell me the steps I might need to
take (mentioning controls I need). Are there any VISUAL tutorials that help with this (NOT written ones)? Look forward to your replies. Many thanks,
Regards,
Richard.
I haven’t seen such visual tutorials on the web, but definetly can see much information on the SQL SErver 2005 books online (updated) under XML [Integration Services] topic. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
Books OnLine is not easy to follow and takes too long. Plus not very helpful on my exact requirements.
This is why I was looking for a Visual Tutorial which teaches people alot quicker than following lots of lots of pages of words. I was looking for someone whom has done this particular task before to see if they can help me quicker than spending hours or days searching & following text in Help pages. If you could provide more specific help that would be very much appreciated. Regards,
Richard.
It is true that very hard to read number of pages from a book or article to get to know than looking for visual based tutorials, but IMHO reading those materials and implementing within your dev.environment will give more hands-on experience to tackle. As I said so far nothing I know to refer you, will do definetly if I come across one. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
]]>