SQL Server 2008 r2 fine tuning | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL Server 2008 r2 fine tuning

Hi, can anyone give me some guidelines (tips and tricks) on fine tuning sql server 2008 r2 database ?
Thank You
Welcome to the forums. There isn’t any specific guideliness to state that so and so will get you the fine tune of database, you should come out with more details such as the performance loss symptoms, system configuration and any problems that you may see. Also I would encourage to get my book (see the signature) which can guide the administration level tips and tricks that you can take advantage.
thank you, thats a great one
It is a big article ….But please start with studying Query Execution plans and how to identify Ugly part + enhance them and how to transfer voluntary Index scans to index Seek with the minimal I/O + CPU cost as possible
Hi Salim,
Welcome to forums.
the one line question could be answered by writing a couple of books only. (That’s why Satya recommended his book)
A couple of years back Mcgee wrote a few articles in this site under a series SQL Server 2005 Performance Audit. Most of the things are applicable to 2008 too. I believe they are still available. That too is a good start.
]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |