sql server configuration management | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

sql server configuration management

Hi I installed SQLServer 2005 (x64) in windows server 2003 R2 with sp2 ,i go into sqLServer configuration management under computer management ,
under sqlserver 2005 services , i am able to only 4 services are running SQL Server Integration Services
SQL Server Analysis Services (MSSQLSERVER)
SQL Server Report Services (MSSQLSERVER)
SQL Server Browser but usuallt i used to see like, SQL Server Integration Services
SQL Server FullTest Search (MSSQLSERVER)
SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)
SQL Server Analysis Services (MSSQLSERVER)
SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER)
SQL Server Browser
SQL Server Agent(MSSQLSSERVER) I don’t know why some of the services are missing in the new server Thanks
Looks like database engine is not installed.
Check installation log file or check SERVICES in computer management for these services, if they are not there mean not installed… And also check control panel/add/remove programs…
MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

these are found in services , but not under sqlserver configuration manager , under sql server 2005 services
I see all the services on my 64 bit sqLServer configuration management under computer management , Did you check through SQL SERVER CONFIGURATION MANAGER under
Start/All Programs/SQL SERVER 2005/Configuration tools/SQL SERVER CONFIGURATION MANAGER
MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

no under the path you specified, i am able to see only 4 as mentioned above. but in all my other servers 64 bit, i am able to see all
Try after reboot…
What Service Pack you are on?
If you have not applied sp2, try sp2 also… Do you see any errors in application/system log?
MohammedU.

What sort of installation mode you have used,, if used custom then you have a chance to select to install required components and services. If not the default ones are what you see. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
i selected all the components SQL Server Database services
Analysis Services
Reporting Services
Notification Services
Integration Services
Workstation componenets,Books Online and development tools. I did the same kind of installation in the previous servers , there everything is there, but only in this server it’s not showing up.. i am not sure whether i have to reinstall the whole thing ? or i can leave as it’s , because it’s going to be production server in future.
thanksd
Do you need other components, I mean is your application requires them? Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
i reinstalled the whole sqlserver again, everythng seems to apper in the sql server manager
Good to know that has brought you the required services, but I guess this could be the setup option using at that point of time. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
]]>