SQL Server could not spawn process_loginread threa | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL Server could not spawn process_loginread threa

This message appered in log tonight .
Backup failed
Look like it memory leak or what?
What should i do?
This is a very general message… What did you see in the eventlog and SQL Server Error Log? Gaurav
Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard

THis may create a problem for memory, refer to thishttp://support.microsoft.com/defaul…port/kb/articles/q282/2/29.ASP&NoWebContent=1 to fix the issue. Though it corrected in SP1 of SQL 2K make sure the referenced file exists with valid attributes. Also check whether any stack dump or AV is created during that process.
_________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

the message appeared tonight and yesterday we applied trirt party tool: DoubleTake
to do hot backups to another standby server.
Number of backup dbs are huge. I am sure this is the problem but can i workaround this ?
An other articlehttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=299466
sugest to rename SQLImage.dll and DBGHelp.dll files in Binn
I don’t understand why?
Service pack is not sollution for me now
What makes you so sure that there was a memory leak? Gaurav
Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard

Well maybe i am wrong about memory leak but i am sure this it the trird party software.
Should i reconfigure virtual memory?
Thats may be the chance after you install the third party tool, I was about to refer the Q299466 based upon your reply and you’re thru for it. And thats the reason asked to check whether any dump is created. What is the current setting for virtual memory on the system and are there any other applications running parallely? _________
Satya SKJ

And have you tried executing another backup schedule with that third party and see the message occurs again. _________
Satya SKJ

I don’t know where to look for virtual memory
physical=2048 (2146963456)
Go in System > Advanced > Settings. There you’ll find the value for virtual memory. Gaurav

Backup started fine and backed up a 1/3 of our dbs.
I just didn’t finish.
I checked the log:
right before backup failure that errror happened
quote:Originally posted by gaurav_bindlish Go in System > Advanced > Settings. There you’ll find the value for virtual memory. Gaurav

Sorry didn’t get it where is system?In sql enterprise?
My Computer > (Right Click) > Properties Gaurav

When you are running SQL Server 2K as dedicated server, consider setting the virtual memory size to 1.5 times the physical memory installed in the computer. If there are any other applications/services sharing the resources then consider 3 times of physical memory. HTH
_________
Satya SKJ

virtual memory:Total paging file drives=2040mb
I found suggestion about increasing virtual memory:
SQL Server installations under 2 GB (SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition) or 3 GB (Enterprise Edition) will only use 128 MB no matter what size you set with the -g parameter. What this mean sql instalation under 3GB is that a physical memory?
So before i have to increase a physical memory and then increase virtual?
If you’re using SE then you cannot use more 2GB for the memory but the Virtual memory setting is related to the Windows. Only if you start SQLServr with -g option that will apply, I don’t think you use that option to start SQL services. Depending upon the physical memory on the system set the VM value. _________
Satya SKJ

]]>