SQL SERVER ERROR | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL SERVER ERROR

Hello! I got this errors and it doesn’t allow client to access Sql Server,untill i reboot the server Does anybody experienced this errors,if so can you lead me to the
correct place where i could find info on this I found those error messages in SQL Server Log Could not close Net-Library ”..
Error: 17059, Severity: 18, State: 0
Operating system error 10093: Either the application has not called WSAStartup, or WSAStartup failed.
Error: 17825, Severity: 18, State: 4
Could not close Net-Library ”.. Thanks in Advance Max

Be sure that you are running the TCP/IP network library on both the server and on the client, and that you are using the same port for both. —————————–
Brad M. McGehee, MVP
Webmaster
SQL-Server-Performance.Com
Both client and server are using TCP/IP network libary and they use port 1434. It happened twice in recent 2 weeks. Max
Check on the server network utility whether "Force Protocol Encryption" option is selected and no valid certificate is installed. Uncheck the option and monitor the results. HTH _________
Satya SKJ

Have you checked your Windows security logs? The error occurs at the OS level and SQL server is affected because it uses Windows Sockets. SQL Server may be accessing a socket which the current active task does not own (i.e. trying to share a socket between tasks). This could also be a sign of inteference (accidental, a bug or intentional) or a buffer overflow (or both).
Nathan H.O.
SQL-Server-Performance.com
You haven’t mentioned version of SQL used, still for information refer to this KBA http://support.microsoft.com/defaul…ort/kb/articles/Q109/7/87.asp&NoWebContent=1] HTH _________
Satya SKJ

I thought those are SQL Server bugs. I don’t think client application can make server side network library crashed if there is no bug on server side. Max
This can happen if SQL Server gets an error when attempting to close the network connection to the client. _________
Satya SKJ

Hi all, Good morning! I was frustrated by this error in recent days. The client computer show up error
message as "SQL server not existed or access denied". I found 17825 and 17059 errors on server log file.It forced me to reboot server every 2 or 3 days. Currently, I enabled named pipes and TCP/IP protocol on server and installed MDAC 2.7 on each client. I didn’t install SQl server clinet on each clients because MDAC 2.7 seems more strong than it. Is there any wrong with my setting? Thanks Max
In general, these do not indicate a problem with SQL Server, but rather a network, network configuration, or client application problem. _________
Satya SKJ

I am experienceing the same type of errors with my SQL Server. In the message thread, There arereferneces to "Network related issue" as the possible cause. Can we get any more specific details on the type of network problems that would cause these errors??
quote:

Thanks, Marshall
Refer thru above KBA – 109787. If the Force Protocol Encryption option is turned on on the server by using the Server Network Utility, communication between all clients and SQL Server is encrypted. Therefore, if a certificate is not installed on the computer that is running SQL Server, or if SQL Server cannot validate the certificate, SQL Server fails to start. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>