SSIS Time out problem | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SSIS Time out problem

I have a SSIS package that dynamically builds a exec usp statement. I have a job that has run this package in the past with out problem until recently. The package errors out with a [Execute SQL Task] Error: Executing the query "MMC01.dbo.USP_MMC01_Inload" failed with the following error: "Communication link failure". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly. The usp takes no parameters and runs a set of data processing sql statements. No datasets are returned. Here is a list of things I have tried.
1. I checked the time out for the connection manager. General time out 0
2. I checked the remote time out for the sever and it is set at
3. Time out on the Execute Sql task to 60000000.
4. Various result set options. The exec SQl Statement errors out in around 15 Minutes. I am convinced that the fix to this must be simple and someone might have delt with this. Thanks in advance, Scott Champion

What are the protocols enabled on SQL SErver? Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
]]>