Startup account | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Startup account

I would like to change one of my SQL server service accounts to a domain account from system account.
Could you give information what kind of privileges should be required for this domain account. Thanks
The first thing is that domain account should have all administrator privileges on the SQL server. Also from User manager for domains make sure this account should have following user rights:
Act as part of Operating System
Increase quotas
Log on as a service
Log on as a Batch Job
Replace a Process-level token If you’re using Win2K just 2 of these levels also:
Bypass traverse checking
Lock pages in memory After changing the service account priority re-start the SQL services to affect the changes. HTH
Satya SKJ

What I like to do is to create a domain account called sqlservice, and then add this domain account to the local administrator’s group on each of my SQL Servers. This way, all my servers are consistent. ——————
Brad M. McGehee
Webmaster
SQL-Server-Performance.Com
How about the steps defined by satya, shall those have to be applied?
Yes, they should. ——————
Brad M. McGehee
Webmaster
Thanks Brad One more question, how do I start default instance of a sql servre. I have 3 instances one of which is default and other 2 are named ones.
From a command prompt, sqlservr.exe -c. Make sure you are at appropriate directory to run the command. Also from EM choose the default instance and right click and start. Whereas for the named instances you can use sqlservr.exe -c -s {instancename} and asusual should be in the appropriate directory. HTH
Satya SKJ

Thanks satya for answering this question. ——————
Brad M. McGehee
Webmaster
]]>