Stop SQL from logging successful Log Backups | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Stop SQL from logging successful Log Backups

This may be a simple one, but here goes…I am have multiple SQLServers that I am backing up the transaction logs on multiple databases every 5 minutes. I have the backup jobs set to only write to the event log if the job fails. Unfortunately all successful backups are writing to the Windows Application log filling it up with successful information alerts, which makes investigation for real events a painful process. Does anyone now how to keep this from happening? Thanks
What is the AUDIT Level set on the database? If you want to stop the log from overflowing, select Overwrite Events as Needed. If you are in a secure environment and do not want the log to overwrite automatically, select Do Not Overwrite Events.
Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
C2 auditing is not enabled. I am aware that I can write over the logs, but this is not an option. Thanks for your help I guess I will just learn to deal w them.
How about Audit level setting on SQL Server?
By default BACKUP completion operation information will be written to the log and no way you can deactivate that part. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
I am replying to my own topic because this was driving me crazy and I hope someone else may one day find it useful also. I recieved this information from MSFT will I was getting their help on a different issue. It is possible to disable successful backup alerts from writing to your sql server log,and application server log, by turning on the following trace flag. DBCC TRACEON(3226) This flag allows backup failures to still write to the log, which is key. My sql and application logs are now going at about a tenth of their previous rate, well worth it.
]]>