Stored Procedure – Help | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Stored Procedure – Help

Hi All, I hope someone can give me some advice. I am writing a VB application that basically takes data from one database, and then transfers it to excel file. From here, I want to embed SQL stored procedure in the VB application so I can upload the data from the excel files to another database……can this be done this way? I have no experience with SQL stored procedure. Any chance you can point me to a direction where I can achieve the above. Best Regards, Dilal
Did you try with DTS instead VB? Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Not tried it with DTS, but I need to use VB
You can create DTS to transfer data into excel file.
Then execute DTS from VB. You can also create DTS objects in VB and then can transfer data into excel using DTS object.
You can take help from SQL SERVER by creating sample DTS and save in VB format. type DTSwiz in run command and follow the instructions.
Finally save DTS in visual basic file and copy the VB code.
Try this
http://sql-server-performance.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8440 Madhivanan Failing to plan is Planning to fail
Hi guys, Thanks for getting back. Does anyone have a VB app with DTS they could share? I have no idea how to go about doing this Thanks, Danny
Search here
www.sqldts.com Madhivanan Failing to plan is Planning to fail
]]>