Sum of Reportvalues | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Sum of Reportvalues

I have a report which receives data from a stored procedure. This report contains a drill through capability of two levels. The problem I have is that the 1st level is showing a sum of all of the budget information that is being provided by the query. What I would like to do is set it so that it is along the following logic Top Level:- DataRow1_BudgetRent =Sum(ReportItems!Datarows2_BudgetRent.Value) Middle Level:- DataRow2_BudgetRent =MAX(Fields!budgeted_net_rent.Value) Bottom Level:- DataRow3_BudgetRent Nothing The problem I have is that the Middle level works fine, but I want the Top level to be a staright sum of the values that are displayed in middle level. One of the errors I get return is that the name ‘Report’ is not declared. Regards Toni Chaffin
aka Toni
if your Datarows2_BudgetRent is from one of the dataset’s fields, you can try this on the Top Level… =Sum(Fields!Datarows2_BudgetRent.Value, "Dataset_Of_Datarows2_BudgetRent")
Unfortunatly it is normally a Sum of datarow3 and in the other method I am using it is a MAX statement of datarow3. I will work the logic, the answer lies somewhere in this mess I have created. Regards
Toni Chaffin
aka Toni
]]>