Suspect db case | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Suspect db case

Some of my databases have gone suspected day before yesterday.I am wondering is there is any way to know which of these databases are.I have gone through error log of day before yesterday ,but I havent found the word "suspect".Please suggest
With EM, you can see those database.
Are you looking for some kind of alarm?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Those dbs are now corrected,but I didnt remember all the dbs which went suspected.As no of db is around 60

I believe you’re repeating same problem as your old threads refers same, confirm the following:
– SQL Server edition
– Service pack on SQL & Operating system
– Disk space where user database data files
– Disk space where tempdb is located
– tempdb size
– Any third party application on SQL server
Post a sample of your event viewer log and SQL error log. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Thank you guys.Yes I got the error.It was Device activation error
Actually that day our we have installed a new antivirus software.After installing all these problem came one by one.When I uninstalled it all problems solved.
I am wondering how can this software caused device activation error.But to my utter surprise this software create trouble only on production server…staging servers with same configuration were working fine.
It is not recommended to install AV on a SQL server as it tends to lock other OS processes and sometime it may take server complete resources, you can check the AV log about device activation issues and event viewer too. If you want to keep safe from viruses then it is recommended to keep SQL SErver behind firewall with appropriate protocols to safeguard. May be the load between staging server and production server is different and SQL was unable to cope up the resource crunch and may caused this suspect issue. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>