Sysprotects System Table | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Sysprotects System Table

Hi,
I create a table in a database D1 and then i grant the selection permission to the role public. I check the access rights given for all the users for this table in the enterprise manager. For the public role, the select permission on this table is not checked. I have given the select permission using the T-SQL command. I guess that this is because the entry is not populated in the SYSPROTECTS system table. But I create the same table in an another database D2 and then i grant the select permission to the role public. now the entry for the table is populated in the SYSPROTECTS system table. Also in the the enterprise manager, i could see that the select permission is checked for the public group. I am running the SQL 2000 ( SP3) version. I could not figure out the reason for this. Can you please help me.

Sometime using GUI may not function properly, so for such security events its better to use defined SPs which will update the system tables accordingly. For information refer to SQL error log. If not try the same procedure on this machine by using EM and QA. _________
Satya SKJ

]]>