temporary databases | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

temporary databases

Do any one have knowledge about the no. of temporary databases making when we make a new database in the SQL Server other than the data base we can see. If some one know about it then please tell me about that and also tell me where these databases got saved regards
suresh
Hi,
Are you looking for tempdb but it is temp by nature and SQL server can not run without tempdb i.e. system database.
AFAIK, Apart from this, sql server does not create any other temporary db’s while creating any new user db’s
but can you tell me that when we drop a table from a user’s database where it goes. and after rollback we can get it again
As explained the TEMPDB objects or temp. databases that are created will be valid until the session is present. By default all the temp. objects will be stored under TEMPDB database. Once the object is dropped it will be gone forever and will not be saved anywhere else. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
]]>