Trans Replication | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Trans Replication

Hi i would like to implement Transactional repli among two servers (serv1 and serv2) I have same database in both servers. But i restored DB in serv2 two days after restoring DB in serv1 .mean to say there is some extra data there in DB in serv2. Hw can i go for Trans repli as both DB are not exacly same. any advice or pints anyone can give?
if you have 2 days transaction log backup of serv1, apply on serv2. else you may need to run database snapshot while setting up tran replication. Deepak Kumar –An eye for an eye and everyone shall be blind
Both are in Simple recovery model . Running snapshot will make both exact same DB ?
No Problems with Recovery Model, you just need to identify replication screen like below: –
**you can restore a full backup at subscriber server and while push/pull subscription wizard
it ask you for initialize subscription like: -** specify wheather the subscription(s) need to be initialized. and if so, when to start the initialization process.. Does microsoft SQL Server need to initialize the publicaiton schema and data at the subscriber when the subscription is created? you can select ‘YES’ Deepak Kumar –An eye for an eye and everyone shall be blind
]]>