Trasactional Replication – I/O error | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Trasactional Replication – I/O error

For SQL Server 2000 SP4 Transactional Replication
I’m using continuous transactional replication on a database with 780 tables for a total of 133GB. It is being replicated to a reporting server. Some columns on a couple of the tables needed to be increased. I’m not very savvy regarding replication. I don’t know how to make those changes without stopping replication. So, I stopped replication, deleted the subscription & removed the tables from the publication. Once the table changes were made, I added the tables back into the publication, re-pushed a subscription and started the snapshot agent. The snapshot agent kept blowing up with: I/O error while writing BCP data-file
(Source: ODBC SQL Server Driver (ODBC); Error number: 0)
I checked my snapshot location. It has 298GB free. I upped my BCPBatchSize to 500000. My QueryTimeout is 3000. MaxBCPThreads is 4. So, I have two issues:1.) What can I do to get my snapshot to run? I HAVE to have this working by Friday morning.2.) How could I have made the table changes without stopping the replication?
This sounds like a disk error where the data file is located or perhaps a disk full problem. Have a look at the disk that holds the distribution working folder to check if there’s enough space.

]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |