trigger permissions | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

trigger permissions

hi, how to find permissions set on triggers?? thank you
yamaha
Same permissions that users have on table. If Trigger insert and user have permission to insert at table leve, then trigger has same permission.
Luis Martin …Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
Bertrand Russell
can anybody set special permissions on trigger level….because i read this on net
"One that caught me out when I did this upgrade, make sure that nobody has inadvertently set a permission on a trigger. Doesn’t seem to be documented anywhere but because 7 lets you do it (although it has no effect) 2000 doesn’t. When you upgraded 2000 version starts and does it’s sysprotects/syspermissions initialisation, it will abort when it hits permissions on trigger objects and all permissions after that will not show up in enterprise manager etc. Took me a couple of days to work that one out." thank you
yamaha
Well, I don’t know about this, what I sed is from BOL.
I suggest to wait for others post. Luis Martin …Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
Bertrand Russell
Run SP_HELPTRIGGER to get information on the trigger.
And also refer to ‘Using Ownership Chains’ topic from books online. _________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

]]>