Triggers+encryptography issue | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Triggers+encryptography issue

Hi there,
Guys I need help… have developed a web-based application using ASP.NET +VB.NET + C#.NET and used SQL Server 2000. In the SQL 2000 I have used triggers to handle some operations. Then I have upgraded my DB to SQL Server 2005 to speed up my application, soon after I have implemented encryptography “in the .NET” to encrypt the data in the DB. After I have implemented all successfully the problem came up which is the triggers couldn#%92t handle the operation coz the data they deals with is now encrypted, causing a really big matter to me…. Anyone have idea or suggestions to guide me to solve my matter Best regards

Can you post the error you are getting?> Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
Thanx for your reply mate,,,, The problem is not in the error msg. I have configure the error and it is that the triggers cannot read the encrypted data coz it is not recognized them and the triggers need to do some operation on these encrypted data and then to be saved in the data base. What I need to know if there is a way in sql 2005 that can make the triggers use the same algorithm to encrypt and decrypt the data back to be saved encrypted in the db. do i have to convert the encryption algorithm to a DLL file ?
is there a way to make the SQL trigger import the DLL file to be used. thanking u in advance
]]>