Trusted connection problem? | SQL Server Performance Forums
SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive
Trusted connection problem?Hi all,
We have the problem, that we can’t connect to our analysis services from our lokal workstations. I guess this has something to do with trusted connection. Let me give you some details:
- SQL-Server 2000 (will be updated soon) with our productive database and a second data-ware-house database on its on virtual windows 2003 server
- SQL-Server 2000 with Analysis Services on a second virtual windows 2003 server
- third windows 2003 server with installed IIS for our webshop
- virtual windows xp client
–> those all in a separate DMZ
What might be the problem here, and more important – how to solve it?
Would it work, if the sql-users (and pw) are the same as our local windows logins?
Thx for any help.
Can you post:
1. How you are connecting to AS? using name or IP address
2. Is this error happening only when u use windows authentication?
3. What is the error message
4. The SQL related services running on the server?
5. The protocol used to connect
- Tried name and IP. Same Error.
- Do I have a choice? I just try to register the AS-Server in Analysis Manager on my local Workstation.
- "Errors occurred while connection to xxx.
Cannot open connection to Analysis server ‘xxx’.
Error in data [Possible data corruption]"
- Is running and works with MS Excel and Analysis Manager on the server.
Please see if this KB article would be of any help to you http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823357
As far as I can see it is not a memory problem. The msmdsrv uses far less memory than the highmem registry setting.
Furthermore, the AS works fine. I can connect and use it from the server it is installed on. I "just" can’t reach that server from my workstation (unless I use remote-desktop). But the SQL-Server I can reach without any problems with my sql-user-login.
Is there any issue with the Service Account used. idealy, the service account should be Domain account. Can you confirm this?
How can I check this?
Maybe this helps. We have:
- IUSR (anonymous account for IIS)
- IWAM (IIS_WPG group account)
- DBA-Account (Admin / User / OLAP-Admin)