trusted SQL Server connection | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

trusted SQL Server connection

Hello. I downloaded SQL Server 2005 a couple of weeks, and last weekend I had loads of fun desigining my first 2005 db — full of great tables, stored procedures and diagrams. However, when I try connecting to my new db through an ASP.NET app, I get the following error: Login failed … not associated with a trusted SQL server connection In SQL 2000 the solution to this is: 1) Open The SQL Server Enterprise Manager
2) Start menu > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Enterprise Manager)
3) Expand the tree-control until you can your server
4) Right click on the server name and "SQL Server Properties (Configure)" window will open
5)Select the Security tab
6)For "Authentication", select "SQL Server and Windows" When I try following these steps in 2005, at step 5 there is no longer a security tab. I’ve explored around the sb and can find now way to select "SQL Server and Windows" for Authentication. If anyone has run into this problem and resolved or knows how I can fix this issue, I would aprpeciate some help. Thanks, Michael

Use Microsoft SQL Server Managmente Studio.
Right click on server, properties, authentication in General Tab. Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
]]>