Unable to register Analysis Server (Using SQL 2000) | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Unable to register Analysis Server (Using SQL 2000)

I am unable to register a Analysis Server on my local machin. When I right click (in the Analysis Manager), select Register server and enter the name of the server, a display saying "Connecting to Analysis server" comes up but then nothing happens for a long time and I have to end the task. Any clues please.

Welcome to the forums.
What is the service pack level on the SQL server and ensure you have defined relevant alias on the server side to see whether that Analysis Server service has been started.

]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |