Update statement works ocasionally | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Update statement works ocasionally

Hi
I am not sure is i this question is actually answerable,as i don’t have enougg details.
We have a service that is based on .Net app .This service is suppose to insert csv. records int o SQL server db.
Some thimes it works sometimes not.There is only one error in App.log:General network errror check you network documentation. I used SQL Profiler to capture the event the only one thing i can find is that update statement is being executed but actually there was no update in table.
Can you start a PROFILER trace to capture all the events? _________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

i create sql profiler and cought this exeption. Error: 8510, Severity: 20, State: 1
Enlist of MSDTC transaction failed: Result Code = 0x8004d00e..
as per microsoft article this is bug: This error message is considered unnecessary. Refer to the "More Information" section of this article for details on how this error message may occur.
CAUSE
When a second server process ID (SPID) attempts a new enlistment or makes a call to the sp_reset_connection stored procedure while the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MS DTC) transaction is being successfully aborted or committed, the second SPID encounters a changing MS DTC transaction and generates the 8510 error message.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q307802
This bug do not have cure so far but by disabling connetion pooling we were able to
illuminate this error.
Exactly what we did: in connection string of the application expirianced whith that error.whe specify
pooling=false. That disabled connection pooling only for this application.
BTW what is the service pack level? _________
Satya SKJ

there is two sql server involved
Server1 sp3a connection to server2 no service packs . But acording to microsoft this bug wasnt fixed in any sp yet and not going to be fixed in the near future. This is what we were told when called to Microsoft support.
If you’re on clutches with MS support then I won’t shoot out any other solution in this regard.
_________
Satya SKJ

]]>