Upgrade SQL2ksp4 to SS2005 keeps master dblevel 80 | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Upgrade SQL2ksp4 to SS2005 keeps master dblevel 80

After upgrading a SQL2k sp4 to SS2005 sqlsmo shows master : Dim oDatabase As new mySQLSMO.Database ‘Get the database
oDatabase = globSMOSrv.Databases.Item("master") in VS2005 immediate window
?oDatabase.CompatibilityLevel Version80 {80} [xx(] Why is this ??? [?] What will be the effect if I change it to 90 ? [V] ?globSMOSrv.Information.VersionString
"9.00.1399.06" Now what’s the point of not having at least the system databases fully upgraded to SS2005 ?
Check: http://www.sql-server-performance.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11545 HRH Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Actualy, that thread is not handling this issue.
On this dev machine, I tested the mssqlserver 2005 install pocedure with the option to upgrade an existing instance of sqlserver 2000. If you would do a thing like that with sql7 to sql2k, you’d find all stuff would be upgraded to sql2k. at user-db level still having sqk2k dblevel, i guess that would be acceptable/preferable, but at system-db level ???? On the other hand, I can implement procedures that use typical sql2005 methodes, like a CTE, whilst the dblevel is still sql2k !
So what’s the point of having this "downlevel" dblevel ?
]]>