Urgent help needed on log shipping problem!! | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Urgent help needed on log shipping problem!!

well i am trying to set up log shipping. on my primary server i have a database "test" and i have 10 data files assigned to it which are in different drives and different path, same way 5 log files which are in different drives and different path as well now when i enable log shipping and add secondary server there on the initialize secondary database i select the option yes generate a full backup of primary db and restore it on secondary db(create if secondary db does not exist) and there in restore options how can i specify the locations of all the data files and log files there??
second question let us say if i do create the database on secondary server first in identical manner as on primary server and i click on no, the secondary db is initialized then i donot see log shipping starting. it does take backups on primary but is not able to copy the files on secondary server and also does not restore the backups. also if i donot create the db and tell studio to take full backup on primary and create the db on secondary server for me then it creates the db and starts log shipping but it creates all the files in one folder on one drive which i donot want as i want the db on secondary server to be identical as on primary.
i need the inputs very urgently so pls help me out here asap. i appreciate all your help in advance.
thank you very much.
-jag

well i am really sorry guys. i finally figured what i was doing wrong. i got it working. thank you all.
You are welcome!! Could you share with us?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All in Love is Fair
Stevie Wonder
All postings are provided �AS IS� with no warranties for accuracy.
quote:Originally posted by LuisMartin You are welcome!! Could you share with us?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All in Love is Fair
Stevie Wonder
All postings are provided �AS IS� with no warranties for accuracy.
sure luis, actually i was taking bakup and restoring on other server and i was not restoring it with option leave database not usable and still transaction logs need to be applied. and then i restored it with that option and it started working. thank very much though luis.
but now i have other problem. i have one user which owns objects also in the primary db. when you click on properties on user it shows user name and under user there is login it it has login name option checked and shows the login name of that user. but after i stop log shipping and go on secondary sever there in db the user has the option without login checked. so i have this problem. can you pls let me know asap how to sort this problem out. also the user has sql server authentication. i want that it should have the same permissions and everything same on secondary db as it has on primary. i did post this question some time back but may be i did not make everything clear. hope this helps now. waiting for your reply. take care. thank you again.
-jag
]]>