use of sub string | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

use of sub string

hi friend’s
This time i have got a problem in my project, we are making a job site and in which are searching record through key skills, means user input some keywords and then record will show according to these keywords. Plz tell me the solution through the storedprocedure. santosh singh
Check the Like key word —————————————-
http://dineshasanka.blogspot.com/

This is what you want? CREATE PROCEDURE sp_search
@skills varchar(10)
AS
SELECT * FROM tbl WHERE skill LIKE @skills + ‘%’ GO
Otherwise post some sample data and the result you want Madhivanan Failing to plan is Planning to fail
If you have the parameter skill as group of words (i.e. ‘DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR DATA WAREHOUSE’) and search against the SKILL (also group of words or a SKILL DESCRIPTION/ROLES), use the FREETEXT.
Otherwise, you may have to parse the words and match those words one at a time (not a good solution). May the Almighty God bless us all!
www.empoweredinformation.com
It depends on if you want to allow a job seeker to put any word they want or you have lookup table with allowed keywords and each position has a row in a link table with corresponding keywords.
you can use something like: select * from table_name where column_name in (‘oracle 9i’,’BEA Weblogic’)
]]>