Using BDE with information schema view | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Using BDE with information schema view

I have a query which selects a list of columns in a given table. This works fine from Query Analyser and returns column name and type as requested, and has 127 rows. —
SELECT COLUMN_NAME, DATA_TYPE FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘TechnicalData’ and COLUMN_NAME <> ‘TD_ID’
— When this recordset is retrieved through the Borland Database Engine, I am only able to see a recordset 0 columns. However, the number of rows is 127 as it should be. I then created a stored procedure containing my query, and call that from BDE instead, using aliased column names (incase this was conflicting internally with BDE). The problem is the same. Has anyone experienced this problem ? I am unable to access the field data returned from the schema view.
In a perfect world I could just migrate this bit of code to ADO, but this is sadly not a possibility. Thanks for any advice.
Problem solved. Seems I had to do SELECT "A"=CONVERT(VARCHAR(254), COLUMN_NAME), "B"=CONVERT(VARCHAR(254), DATA_TYPE) FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘TechnicalData’ and COLUMN_NAME <> ‘TD_ID’
]]>