Using log file | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Using log file

This is probably first time when my colleague deleted around 1000 records because of on bad query[:0]. I want to use log file to get them back or to recognize where he went wrong. Can anybody help me seeing the log file[V]? Regards,
Ashish Ashish Johri
you need 3rd party software to do that.
Thanks Thomas. Can I load any tool from net for free this time. Ashish Ashish Johri
I don’t think any are free, but you might be able to get an evaluation copy. Lumigent is one provider.
YOu cannot use the evaluation copy for the user databases, you have to purchase in order to recover the data.
Look at the software spotlight section in this website for more information on such tools, I feel Lumigen’t is expensive (quality though) as compared to others. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
You can’t generate roll back scripts using trial version….
So if you have full backup and tlog backup then restore it as different db and copy the deleted data… MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com
]]>