VIEW SERVER STATE permission | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

VIEW SERVER STATE permission

From Upgrade advisor i got the report and in that i didnt understad about the below step, can some please help what VIEW SERVER STATE permission is and for what we need to give this permission and where? Changes to behavior in syslockinfo and sp_lock In SQL Server 2005, syslockinfo and sp_lock may return unexpected values, and may return multiple rows where previous versions of syslockinfo and sp_lock returned at most two rows. Also, in order to access information from syslockinfo or execute sp_lock in SQL Server 2005, the user have VIEW SERVER STATE permission on the server. Objects effected by this issue: Source Type: Database
Database: master
Object Name: sp_blocker_pss80
Object Type: P Thanks & Regards,
Mahi
Refer to SQL 2005 books online for GRANT Server Permissions (Transact-SQL) topic. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Hi Satya, Thanks for your reply I got the below infomation from Upgrade advisor tool. The permission VIEW SERVER STATE need to assign to which user? SQL Server startup account? or ..
–>Changes to behavior in syslockinfo and sp_lock In SQL Server 2005, syslockinfo and sp_lock may return unexpected values, and may return multiple rows where previous versions of syslockinfo and sp_lock returned at most two rows. Also, in order to access information from syslockinfo or execute sp_lock in SQL Server 2005, the user have VIEW SERVER STATE permission on the server. Objects effected by this issue: Source Type: Database
Object Name: sp_blocker_pss80
Object Type: P Source Type: Database
Object Name: sp_lock2
Object Type: P
Mahi
Is the SQL Server service account Administrator on SQL & OS? Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Hi Satya, The SQL Server service account is Administrator on both SQL & OS. Mahi Mahi
]]>