Weired Error in Production DB.. Need urgent Help! | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Weired Error in Production DB.. Need urgent Help!

Hi All I hope some one would’ve encountered a situation like one below. I am running a store procedure which creates a table with the following structure and populates with the data. The store procedure is executed successfully without any problem. BUT when I try to do a select on the table which is created, the sql server hangs and stops the server.I could find the weired error in the logs which says "Error: 0, Severity: 19, State: 0" The following is the table structure which store proc is creating and populates it with data. create table RevenueDetail ([revid] int not null,
[revUUID] varchar(250),
[eMail Address] varchar(50),
[Order Number]int not null,
[Name] varchar(200),
[Street] varchar(100),
[City] varchar(100),
[State] varchar(50),
[Zip Code] varchar(20),
[Num Cards] int,
[4 cards] int,
[8 cards] int,
[G Cards] int,
[Tmps] int,
[Revenue] money,
[CAmount] money,
[SRevenue] money,
[SPRevenue] money,
[STax] money,
[PCode] varchar(20),
[PDescription] varchar(200),
[PmValue] money,
[MemCredit] int,
[CValue] money,
[OrderDate] datetime,
[RShare] money, –currently only USPS
[RSShare] money, –currently only USPS
[ShipDate] datetime,
[Source] varchar(50),
[CCPrice] Money null,
[CRPrice] Money null,
[GCDAmount] Int null,
[HDFee] Float null,
[HDSPS Share] Float null,
[HDSTP Share] Float null,
[GRSPS Amount] Float null,
[GRTP Amount] Float null Note: The production DB is upgraded from SQL 7.0 to SQL 2k I need urgent help and assistant in resolving this issue as this is happening in PRODUCTION db and the same is working fine in staging db. Thanks in advance Balaji Mahadevan
Did you run DBCC CHECKTABLE? Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
No. I have not run DBCC CHECKTABLE command. Also i dont want to run the same stored proc again in production db without knowing exact cause of the problem. Thanks
Balaji
I suggest to run DBCC CHECKTABLE, without options to know if there is some integrity problem.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
]]>