What is Space Available?????? | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

What is Space Available??????

Hi everyone, First of all before asking my next question I must thank to everyone who helped me in this forum to successfully implemented the logshipping….it’s now working and is in production….Thanks a lot for your valuable time and efforts. Coming to my question now, it looks fairly simple but I couldn’t find the answer to my question anywhere…so I have decided to put my question here once again…What is Space Available means in SQL Server?????…to be very exact..when I right click my database and select the properties..on the general tab I see space available…the reason why I’m asking this question is my database (.mdf & .ldf) are both set to grow 10% automatically but the space available is showing 0.00MB which is driving me crazy…. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks a lot MA
Space available shows the total empty space available in your database (both data and log) files.
I believe this uses the same system tables that sp_spaceused. So, try running DBCC UPDATEUSAGE and see if it changes.

]]>