where can I add startup parameters in SQL 2005 | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

where can I add startup parameters in SQL 2005

I like to turn on the trace flag, -T 1204 and -T 3605 as startup parameters. I can’t find the startup parameters feature in SQL 2005. I look at BOL and found no mention. Where is it? In SQL 2000, it is in the SQL server properties. wingman
GO to SQL Server Configuration Manager —-> In SQL Server 2005 Services, u will find SQL Server(Instance name) Right click on that —-> Properties—-> Advanced —-> Startup Parameters Satya
Thank for the direction.
Please confirm with me if I add the parameters correctly. I would just add the following lines at the end of the field. ;-T1204; -T3605
quote:Originally posted by satya.sqldba GO to SQL Server Configuration Manager —-> In SQL Server 2005 Services, u will find SQL Server(Instance name) Right click on that —-> Properties—-> Advanced —-> Startup Parameters Satya

Yes, I think you are right…
and also it you can use DBCC TRACEON with -1 option…. You can schedule the following command in a job to run at sql agent startup….
DBCC TRACEON(1204, 3605, -1) to stop the trace…
DBCC TRACEOFF(1204, 3605, -1) Note: On heavy OLTP servers this may effect performance…
MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

]]>