xp_sendmail with attachments | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

xp_sendmail with attachments

I get this ERROR when I try to use SQL Mail with an attachment
Are there any known problems with sending mail with the attachements ( Here I am trying to attach an Excel Spread sheet) Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80040111
Thanks for any help on this
Venu
That’s the MAPI error number for MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED. Being that you are finding
problems with xp_sendmail, you should check the mail profile used by SQL Mail which
would be the SQL Server service account. xp_sendmail uses the SQL Server service
account. SQL Agent mail properties and the SQL Agent service account are used when
sending notifications from jobs, alerts, etc. You can find more info in the following
Knowledge Base article: INF: How to Configure SQL Mail (Q263556)
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul…b;en-us;Q263556 ( – credit a lady named Sue for this answer)
———-
T Kelley
MS, MCDBA, OCA, CIW
I have been doing this. I tried to send a simple sql mail and it works perfectly alright, but when I try to send in an attachment it fails with the abovesaid error. The MAPI profile which I have created is with the same account which was used to start the sql server. when I test it while configuring sql mail, the report comes fine.Please advice.
Thanks in advance
]]>