Fast Database File Creation for Large Databases in SQL Server 2005
- Right click, select properties, the following window appear
- On the Local Security Setting tab, click Add User or Group button
- In the Select Users or Groups dialog box, add the account that is used by the SQL Server process and
- Click OK to close the Perform Volume Maintenance Tasks properties window.
- Click start, run, type gpupdate /force , to apply the modification in the security group policy
An increas in thedisk performance in Windows 2003 Server/Windows XP or latter can be increased using a new feature in SQL Server 2005 called Instant File Initialization.
This feature reduces the time of database creation or auto growing activities for the databases. To increase disk performance, enable “Perform Volume Maintenance Tasks” in the security policy for the account running the SQL Server 2005 service.
Mohamed Hassan is the Software Engineering Manager in Electric Power System (EPS) –Cairo – Egypt.
He has a master degree in computer science, MCSE, MCITP (SQL 2005 administration & development), MCDP, and MCTS.
He has 18+ years experience in databases design and implementation. He is the database infrastructure designer of large scale 24/7 billing systems for utility companies based on Microsoft technologies.
Pages: 1 2