Reporting Services 2008 R2: Geospatial Visualization – Part I
11. On the Choose color theme and data visualization screen, select [CountryRegionCode] for Field to visualize. Click Finish to close the wizard.
12. On the report layout, we do not require Distance Scale and Color Scale. Right click the Map area and deselect these from the menu.
13. Change the Map Title to Sales by Country. You can edit this by double clicking it. Change the legend title to Country . You might have noticed that the legend is placed at outside the map so to bring it into map area right click on the Legend and get the Legend Properties. Deselect the checkbox Show Legend outside the viewpoint which is in General section of Map Legend Properties. Preview the report and it should look as below:
14. Now the report is complete we can make some changes. First we will change the name of the Analytical Dataset. Go to the design mode and open the Report Data window. Expand Datasets and open the dataset named Dataset1. Change the name of it to SalesByCountry.
15. If you are in design mode, you should see the Map Layers pane. If you do not see, double click the map item. There is only one layer named PolygonLayer1. To see the context menu of the Polygon layer, click the down arrow (). Click on the Layer Data… to see properties of data added to the layer.
16. Note that the Data embedded in report radio button is selected in the General section. This means the spatial data loaded from the .shp file has been embedded in the report. If you want to draw the map at runtime, you may select other options.
17. Click on the Analytical data section. Note that the SalesByCountry dataset is selected as the analytical data set. How two datasets are linked can be seen with this section too. Click Cancel and close the window.
18. Click the down arrow () again in the PolygonLayer1 to get to the Polygon Properties…. Expand Label text dropdown in General section and select [CountryRegionCode].
19. Click the (fx) button of Tooltip in General section and set the expression as below:
20.Click the down arrow () again in the PolygonLayer1 and select Polygon Color Rule… to see how colors have been applied to the map. You should see that the third radio button Visualize data using color ranges is selected. This is more appropriate if you want to compare sales in each country based on the sales value, we can apply a different color scheme if required – select the second radio button Visualize data using color palette and ensure Data field is set to [CountryRegionCode] and Palette as Random.
22. Once the report is published navigate to the the site and it should appear as below:
We have now successfully created our Map Report. The next map report which is a drill-down from this report this will be generated using the ap Gallery and and two map layers.
Pages: 1 2