SQL Server Performance

Active Topics

Discussion in 'Please Tell Us What You Think' started by Luis Martin, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Luis Martin Moderator

At first hour, I go to Forum and look Active Topics.
    Most of days there is a lot (Satya), supose 10 or 12 new ones to me.
    There is Ok.
    When I post one of 10, and back, the only Active Topics is that one, no longer others 9.
    So I have to go to General Forum and look each individual Forum to find what I miss.

I doing something wrong?.

Luis Martin

...Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
    Bertrand Russell
  2. satya Moderator

Yes it happens to me also, if I hang on one post for too long say more than 2 mins or even no reply and when I go back to active then only I can see this post.

I was able to overcome by looking at Active topics on left hand side you can set to view posts since your last visit, last 15 mins, last 30 mins.... and so on and this way you can view active topics since your last visit or time.

HTH

_________
    Satya SKJ
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  3. Luis Martin Moderator

Thanks Satya, I see the forest but not the tree. (Spanish expresion).

Luis Martin

...Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
    Bertrand Russell
  4. ChrisFretwell New Member

Luis, the expression in english is almost the opposit, it says 'cant see the forest through/for all the trees'

Chris
  5. bradmcgehee New Member

The forum software has some sort of timer that determines how long a topic is "active". I do the same thing as Satya has suggested.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  6. Luis Martin Moderator

Well, I try to remember.

Thanks Chris.

Luis Martin

Bertrand Russell