SQL Server Performance

Auto refresh

Discussion in 'Please Tell Us What You Think' started by satya, May 6, 2003.

1. satya Moderator

Brad

Does this forum has got any facility to AUTO REFRESH the main forum.

_________
    Satya SKJ
  2. bradmcgehee New Member

I couldn't find such a feature. Perhaps one of the other Snitz Forum experts might know.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  3. satya Moderator

That would be ideal if SNITZ have this option, which we can deploy in user profile to select.

_________
    Satya SKJ
  4. Negative New Member

Do you mean that after a set period of time you want the the page to reload itself? If this is what you want, it is possible to do, however I do not think the Snitz forum software supports this inherently. In order to implement this Brad would need to add a few lines of code to the page, and if you want it as an option in the user profile then some DB updates would be required. I can investigate this furthur, and probably even write all the code, if Brad wants to try it.
  5. satya Moderator

Hey Negative (don't know real name)

Thanks that is what I mean to have AUTO REFRESH option in this forum.

_________
    Satya SKJ
  6. Negative New Member

I have looked into this a little more, and it looks like I am going to rescind my previous offer. There is just too much code to change. The DB would not have to change, but there are about 20 pages throughout the forum software that would need to change. The refresh code is actually very simple, the problem is adding it to the user profile. My suggestion would be to go to the Snitz website and add this suggestion in their requested mods list.

Sorry I couldn't help with this one.
  7. satya Moderator

That is some what better having AUTO refresh option on main forum, rather adding up to User profile.
    Lets see what Brad suggests, I will post the same on Snitz forums.
    Just now got registered to the site and need to verify the mail from them.

_________
    Satya SKJ
  8. bradmcgehee New Member

Hopefully, this is something that can be changed with a new release of the forum software. I hate to spend much time customizing the current code, as any changes I make will go away with the next release. I am really impressed with the Snitz code, especially given that it is freeware.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com