SQL Server Performance

batch request per sec - sql server 2000

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by Akthar Hussain, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Akthar Hussain New Member

Hi
    I read Brad's article:
    http://www.sql-server-performance.com/2005/sql-server-performance-monitor-coutners/
    The batch request per sec on our server is between 8million and 11 million but article states "over 1000 batch requests per second indicates a very busy SQL Server, and could mean that if you are not already experiencing a CPU bottleneck, that you may very well soon"

Is the article very far out of date? or am i reading my data wrong? I collect the data fron the table:

master

.dbo.sysperfinfo

I look forward to any advise. Thank you.
    Akthar
  2. Akthar Hussain New Member

sorry i think the value there that i am looking at in sysperfinfo may be cumulative from the time the sql server was started...
    if anyone disagrees please advise...
    Akthar
  3. preethi Member

4. preethi Member

By the way,
    Welcome to the forums. (I forgot to welcome you at the last post.)
    Is this question related to SQL Server 2005? Your last(First) post was in SQL Server 7.0 and 2000 forum and this in SQL Server 2005 forum. But the heading and content refer to 2000.
    it will help our admins and moderators to move the post to the right place.

Regards,
  5. satya Moderator

Akthar
    As suggested by Preethi it matters even the response between 2000 and 2005 version, due to the changes in underlying database engine.
  6. Akthar Hussain New Member

Hi Preethi, Satya,
    Thanks for your advise. Yes, this is related SQL server 2000 version .

Oh by the way, Satya, I attended your Liverpool, SQLBit Session on 'Tricks of Trade - DBA Tools' - i found it valuable. Thanks
    Akthar
  7. satya Moderator

Akthar
    In thsi case you have to be clear about CPU and Memory associated on thsi SQL instance.

Thanks for attending, keep in touch.