SQL Server Performance

Cannot see migrated package ?

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by NewDBA, Sep 27, 2007.

1. NewDBA Member

Hello
    I just migrated DTS package from 2000 to 2005 and cannot see it.
    I opened Integration services on server .
    Book on line says I should open it in MSDB node - where is that node?
    sorry - just starting with sql 2005
  2. satya Moderator

I believe this is where you are stuck:
    After migrating packages from Management Studio, connect to the local instance of Integration Services in Object Explorer to see the migrated packages. If you selected SQL Server as the destination, the migrated packages will be visible under the MSDB node. If you selected a file system folder as the destination, right-click the File System node and then select Import Package to display the migrated packages. After you migrate packages from BI Development Studio, the migrated packages are saved to the file system folder that you specified and added to the open project under the SSIS Packages node.
    http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/sql-server-2005/dts-to-ssis-migration/ fyi.
  3. NewDBA Member

Yes that is exactly where i stuck . And I do open Object browser but see all those classess in it like for example:
    Microrsoft.CSharp
    Microsoft.SQLServer.Server
    But see not MSDB node - should it be under some of those classes? Or should I add some view - please help
    thank you
  4. NewDBA Member

I need step by step how to get to the point where I can see my package.
    I know it sounds wierd but the article mentioned above - doesn't help me - so I must be missing some very obvious step
    Could someone just tell me like Start->>SQL Server business intelegence dev. studio ->>object browser.... ( I got ok to that point :) )
  5. NewDBA Member

Can someone please help me - I am half dead with trying to find my package that sits nicely in msdb database ( when I query it ) and I
    cannot find any footprints of it SQL server business intelegence dev. studio ->> object browser
    thank you - any type of help will be greatly appriciated.
  6. satya Moderator

I thought someone has picked up this, as missed on my radar [:)].
    Anyway you can use Visual Studio 2005 Integration Services you will find the converted dts pacakages as dtsx. Dts packages will get lost if one starts Migration Wizard from within a db server under legacy node.