SQL Server Performance

Can't connect using named instance name after install another instance

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Clustering' started by kulmam92, Apr 16, 2008.

1. kulmam92 New Member

Hi
    I set up an 2 node active-pasive clustering using SQL server 2005 and windows 2003.
    I was using it well when I connect to this instance I used like "server1/inst1" to designate the instance.
    later I tried install another instance to this cluster on an active machine however installation was unsuccessful.
    After that I became only to connect using virtual server name only like "server1"
    Because of this change sql server service configuation manager doesn't start and I also can't see to property of this instance using management studio.
    Please help me out.
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

Any error in event log and/or event viewer?
  3. kulmam92 New Member

There were serveral errors in the event log like the following.
    System error - DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,1433 using any of the configured protocols.
    Application error -
    1) SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. [CLIENT: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]
    2) [sqsrvres] ODBC sqldriverconnect failed
    3) [sqsrvres] checkODBCConnectError: sqlstate = 08001; native error = ffffffff; message = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF].
    4) The configuration of the AdminConnectionTCP protocol in the SQL instance SQL2K5XXX is not valid.
    5) Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Update 'Hotfix 3024 for SQL Server Database Services 2005 ENU (KB000000)' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in the log file C:program FilesMicrosoft SQL Server90Setup BootstrapLOGFilesSQLSetup0019_IBM02BL13SQL_SQL.log.
    6) Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -- Error 29550. The setup has encountered an error while Upgrading Components. The error: -2147019873
    Error message: The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.
    7) A provider, SQLServerEventProvider, has been registered in the WMI namespace, rootMicrosoftSqlServerServerEventsSQL2K5XXX, but did not specify the HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the least privileges possible for the required functionality.