SQL Server Performance

Change Data Capture error

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Questions [Archive Only - Closed]' started by awickman, Sep 12, 2008.

1. awickman New Member

Hi. I have set up SQL Server 2008 on one of my test machines. I put one of our main databases here and upgraded it to compatibility 100. I'm interested in the Change Data Capture so am attempting to get it working on this database. When I run the command to enable the database (sys.sp_cdc_enable_db), I get the following error:Table 'syssingleobjrefs'. Scan count 0, logical reads 2, physical reads 0, read-ahead reads 0, lob logical reads 0, lob physical reads 0, lob read-ahead reads 0.
    Table 'sysowners'. Scan count 0, logical reads 4, physical reads 0, read-ahead reads 0, lob logical reads 0, lob physical reads 0, lob read-ahead reads 0.
    Table 'sysowners'. Scan count 0, logical reads 4, physical reads 0, read-ahead reads 0, lob logical reads 0, lob physical reads 0, lob read-ahead reads 0.
    Msg 3930, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_cdc_enable_db_internal, Line 178
    The current transaction cannot be committed and cannot support operations that write to the log file. Roll back the transaction.
    Msg 22830, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_cdc_enable_db_internal, Line 186
    Could not update the metadata that indicates database angie is enabled for Change Data Capture. The failure occurred when executing the command 'CREATE TABLE dbo.systranschemas'. The error returned was 916: 'The server principal "S-1-9-3-3166530632-1265159163-2705276840-1738266300." is not able to access the database "ADMINDB" under the current security context.'. Use the action and error to determine the cause of the failure and resubmit the request.
    Msg 266, Level 16, State 2, Procedure sp_cdc_enable_db_internal, Line 0
    Transaction count after EXECUTE indicates a mismatching number of BEGIN and COMMIT statements. Previous count = 0, current count = 1.
    Msg 266, Level 16, State 2, Procedure sp_cdc_enable_db, Line 0
    Transaction count after EXECUTE indicates a mismatching number of BEGIN and COMMIT statements. Previous count = 0, current count = 1.
    Msg 3998, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Uncommittable transaction is detected at the end of the batch. The transaction is rolled back.
  2. madhuottapalam New Member

3. awickman New Member

I tried that link and it took me to a page not found (after I logged in).
  4. satya Moderator

Are you using RTM of SQL 2008 or RC0 or any previous CTPs?I can access link by Madhu, you need to have MS passport account to viw the case.
  5. awickman New Member

I'm using the trial version. I created a brand new database and was able to enable CDC. I can't do it with our DB after it has been upgraded. I figure there is something I'm doing wrong, just not sure what it is.