SQL Server Performance

Data Entry

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by lara99, Dec 2, 2007.

1. lara99 New Member

Hi Champs, I have a requirement where I have to enter the data into the tables but the problem is it is very large data, which is in the papers. I was just trying to figure out what are the different ways of entering data into tables. Is there a way that we can do fast. I know not a clear question. But any suggestion would be highly recommended.
    Thanks You.
  2. ranjitjain New Member

Hi,
    If you have data everything on Paper than you need to add the same into tables manually. If you have soft copy of the same data in any other file or format than you can think of importing the same using ssis or DTS packages.
    One other option could be to store data into text file in csv format and then upload all in one go without having to write insert statement for every row.
  3. satya Moderator

Do you want to have the data in one place or assocaited with a key column, if so you can use TEXT data type to store all the data.
    As far as entering the data is concerned you have to design a GUI or web page to enter this data, if your application is capable to displaying images then simply scan each page of this document and store it as IMAGE data type on the database.