SQL Server Performance

Database mirroring question

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Database Mirroring' started by lara99, Oct 5, 2009.

1. lara99 New Member

hi all, i have a concern about mirroring,i want to setup mirroring in a way that it will never bring the principal database downin other words principal database should never in a state called 'cannot server a database'to achieve this , i am planning to set up mirroring in high perofrmance mode,with only forced failover( i assume this is only the mode of failover possible in high performance mode)now my question is is there an instance or ever in hight performance modethat could lead to the principal database state in 'cannot server the database'please throw some ideasthanks,lara
  2. FrankKalis Moderator

Have you found a solution in the meantime?
  3. satya Moderator

What kind of database size you are handlin with DB mirroring?
    What is the transaction size in any time, larger & smaller?
  4. jonsborn New Member

Create the mirror database by restoring with NORECOVERY a recent full database backup of the principal database. Make right that the arch database was already application the much recovery method if the backup was taken. To authorize a database mirroring session and to changing the properties of database mirroring for a database, use the Mirroring page of the Database Properties dialog box.